Quick Tips

Paint.NET

|
I've been recommending Paint.NET to many people looking for PhotoShop for two to three years now. Whenever someone at work asks me if they can get PhotoShop, I ask if they know how to use it. Most people do not, they end up using a $700 product to do what a free or $50 product can do. Paint.NET is just that, a free photo editing application, with a great number of tutorials and plugins on their site to help you figure things out. Their blog site is here.

When I need to make quick changes to a photo or screenshot, I use MS Paint, but when it is a bit more heavy duty, I usually use Paint.NET. This application has layers, levels and many other features that basic photo management software such as Picasa lack. It's not a full PhotoShop replacement, I don't think there is such a thing, but it definitely does a great job for beginners who don't have the time to learn PhotoShop. It is a lot easier to pick-up and go with Paint.Net.

So if you are in need of a photo editing software, give Paint.NET a try. You might save yourself $700 in the process. Now that is frugal. Download version 3.36 here.

What do you use for your digital photo editing? Have you tried Paint.NET? Do you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment