This list will contain a list of shortcuts that I use most often. Sometimes I forget what the shortcut is and need to look it up again. Some of them are the very basic ones, but shortcuts vary from Windows to Linux etc..
- Alt+Left Click - Save Link
- Ctrl + K - Jump to search bar
- Ctrl + L - Jump to address bar
- Ctrl + T - Open new tab
- Ctrl + W - Close broswer tab
- Ctrl + # (where number is 1-9) - Jumps to the numbered tab. E.g. Ctrl +1 jumps to first tab.
- Ctrl + Shift + T - Undo close browser tab
- Ctrl + Enter - Adds www. and .com to beginning and end of domain name you type in. When Entering a website name such as www.google.com, most browsers now support this shortcut and I think many of you already know this. But for those who do not use this its a great shortcut to have. Just type "google" or any site name, without the quotes and hold Ctrl+Enter.
- Shift+Enter will give you the .net domains, just like above.
Some Helpful Add-ons
This list will continue to be updated. Find the full list on Mozilla's site and pick the ones most useful to you! What are your favorite shortcuts? If you know of any not listed, please let us know in the comments.
Thanks for visiting. For additional links to frugal tips and tricks follow me on Twitter. If you would like to contribute to FrugalNYC or FrugalTech in any way (guest posts, articles, ideas, interesting links, advice, financial assistance, or anything else), feel free to contact me via email. Click here to add this to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalTech by Email.