New to FrugalNYC's FrugalTech? Enjoy more free content by Clicking here to add this to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalTech by Email.
- Ccleaner Portable - My favorite Registry cleaner and repair tool in one. This helps remove broken windows registry entries and gets rid of browser cache and cookies.
- Revo Uninstaller Portable - This great tool removes junk that an unwanted program's uninstall routine leaves behind.
- EasyCleaner Portable - This complements CCleaner. It's great at helping you remove files from a full Hard Drive. The Space Usage tool shows how much space each folder takes up.
- SuperAntiSpyware Online Safe Scan - The best malware scanner I've used to date. Only issue I have had with SuperAntiSpyware was it didn't work in Safe mode.
- Recuva - This little app helps undelete files you may have deleted. This app is from the makers of CCleaner.
Books I recommend
- You can buy the Learning FreeNAS: Configure and manage a network attached storage solution book if you are looking for a good reference book.
- Network Know-How: An Essential Guide for the Accidental Admin
- Absolute FreeBSD: The Complete Guide to FreeBSD, 2nd Edition
For additional links to tips and tricks follow me on Twitter. If you would like to contribute to FrugalNYC or FrugalTech in any way, contact me via email. Click here to add this to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalTech by Email.