Quick Tips

Twitterberry Tips

|

Ever since I signed up for Twitter, I've been using TwitterBerry on my Blackberry 8703e. Twitter has replaced my RSS reader, not that I did much reading via RSS. I think the Blackberry and Twitter were made for each other, and TwitterBerry has made it that much easier to use.

There are not many shortcuts in TwitterBerry v0.8, at least not on my Blackberry 8703e. Some of you know I like shortcuts, see 24 Blackberry Shortcuts, Blackberry Shortcuts - Messages, and Blackberry shortcut keys for Blackberry shortcuts. Using shortcuts can boost productivity and can make a good application great! With that in mind, here are some tips on TwitterBerry.

Shortcuts I've only found two so far on version 0.8
  • r - Reply
  • d - Direct Message (DM)

Other Tips:
  • TwitterBerry only holds a certain number of messages, under Friends Timeline, before it cuts off older tweets. If you want to view an old tweet already on your unit, before the list gets refreshed, turn the Blackberry antenna off and peruse in the Friends Timeline. You will end up with a network connection error after a couple of minutes. I have my update interval set to Manual to make this work.
  • You cannot cut and paste a url from a tweet (if you know how please let me know!). To get around this, I usually cut and paste the entire tweet and then save the url.
  • I gather interesting twitters to read later on by copy pasting into a Blackberry Memopad Note, there are so many interesting tweets ;)
Do you use twitterberry? Do you have tips or shortcuts I don't know about? Please let us know in the comments. For additional links to frugal tips and tricks follow me on Twitter. If you would like to contribute to FrugalNYC in any way (guest posts, articles, ideas, interesting links, advice, financial assistance, or anything else), feel free to contact me via email. Click here to add this to your RSS reader.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try space, t, and b from the list screens ;)

-Jason
Orangatame.com

FrugalNYC said...

Can't believe I forgot those. I use them all the time and they are the same for nearly all Blackberry apps. Thanks for the comment!

OmegaWolf747 said...

I want TwitterBerry to alert me to new tweets by people I'm following. Will setting the update interval to something besides manual do this?

Thank you.

FrugalNYC said...

@omegawolf747

Unfortunately the version of TwitterBerry I use does not support this feature. Perhaps the makers of TwitterBerry can take your request ;)

Post a Comment