Quick Tips

FreeDOS

|
This post is more for nastalgia than anything else. When I first started with computers and tech support, I worked in DOS (Disk Operating System). That was the Microsoft standard then. Recently I was writing an update to my post about What Do You Use Your PC For?, and went from the best buy link to a dell link, which led me to another link about FreeDOS still been sold with Dell machines.

I could not believe DOS was still being sold on new machines. I know DOS is still out there in some "ancient" applications, but to see it actually still being sold got me curious. So i did a search on Google and found FreeDOS. See a video of it being installed below.



While you're at it, get yourself some Free DOS games from DOS games or Download Full Games for some frugal entertainment. If that's not enough, search Google for free DOS Games. FreeDOS provides some resources for DOS applications and other links as well.

Do you still run DOS applications? If so, what do you use it for?

No comments:

Post a Comment