When it comes to a program that is available on any machine, you can't beat MS Paint. Since most computer users are on a Microsoft OS, its built-in. Since I've learned the basic MS Paint Editing functions - copy, paste, cut, resize, crop, etc... I can make quick simple changes anywhere. Plus, if you are on a machine with no internet access or the ability to download anything with more features that's all you have.
Shortcuts, Tips and Tricks:
- Use Alt+Print Screen or just Print Screen key to get a screen shot.
- Ctrl + V to paste clipboard contents to MS Paint
- Ctrl + Page Down - Zoom In
- Ctrl + Page Up - Zoom Out
- Ctrl + Z - Undo (very handy, this key combo works in most windows apps)
- Use the erasor tool to replace primary color with secondary color, check out this YouTube video for a demo
- (Rubber) Stamp tool: Select what you want to be a "stamp",using the selection tool, hold the Ctrl key and move your mouse to where you want the stamp, then left click to make a "stamp".
Most average user editing can be done using MS Paint once you learn the very basics of MS Paint. I'll recommend something a little more heavier duty and still free, in a future post. Do you use MS Paint? If so, what do you use it for? Would you like to see more ms paint posts?